Thursday, February 17, 2011

Corrine Brown Outraged, I'm Outraged

Ms. Brown was recently quoted saying, "I am simply outraged by Florida Governor Scott's decision to reject $2.5 billion in federal funding for high speed rail…”

I am simply outraged, too! I am not outraged with Governor Scott's decision; I am outraged with Ms. Brown’s priorities.

As I pointed out in my October 5, 2009 post entitled, How Does SunRail Benefit The People?, Ms. Brown should focus her time and efforts on:
  1. Early Childhood, Elementary and Secondary Education;
  2. Healthy Families and Communities; and
  3. Higher Education, Lifelong Learning, and Competitiveness.
I believe her efforts in those areas would help bring greater long-term benefit to her constituents, which the majority live in poverty.

As I pointed out in my April 23, 2010 post entitled, Saving Lives vs. Rail Transportation, Ms. Brown has invested 10,000 plus hours on transportation matters. Arguably, with Governor Scott's decision some of those hours have been wasted at the expense of children that will grow up in poverty and will probably stay in poverty the rest of their lives because they fail to receive the necessary skill sets to survive in the 21st century.

I will say again, I am OUTRAGED! I am outraged with Ms Brown's priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment