Monday, August 4, 2014

It's Hard to Participate, I Know All to Well (Post 2 of a Series of Posts)

The following is my second post in a series of posts that shows my letter to those members of Congress who voted for ACA.  If you have not read the first post then I encourage you to do so by clicking here.

The following is the introductory paragraph of my letter:

Dear {Name of Member of Congress}:


When you cast a vote for legislation do you subscribe to an oath similar to that of which physicians subscribe, the Hippocratic oath? I ask because your vote for the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) helped few people and hurt many more. More specifically, Kaiser Family Foundation published a recent study that indicates that over 50% of the uninsured prior to the enactment of ACA remain uninsured due to costs and my family and I comprise four of the estimated 16 million Americans (per Health Policy and Strategy Associates, Inc.) that have lost their affordable healthcare insurance due to your vote for the ACA. I think you would agree that these outcomes constitute a problem. Albert Einstein stated, “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” Therefore, I encourage you to undertake personal change to learn a new way of thinking to help solve one of our Nation’s daunting challenges.  Please allow me to help you begin the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment