Sunday, October 25, 2009

Education Is A Higher Priority Than Transportation

I walked through the community near A. Philip Randolph High School off Golfair Boulevard in Jacksonville/Duval County within Precinct 08M. This area has a mixture of older homes and new homes, some built by HabiJax, a Habitat for Humanity Project. Based on my conversations, I believe there is a sense of community pride and cohesiveness among the inhabitants.

I was mainly interested in the people’s thoughts towards education. It seems that most believe education is a top priority for the community for the simple reason that with an education, youth are better able to find a job/career and avoid a life of crime. All with whom I spoke indicated that they support elected leaders that place education as a top priority over other issues, such as railroads.

No comments:

Post a Comment