Sunday, May 27, 2018

Field Research Pertaining To The Economy

A couple of weeks ago I analyzed BLS data and concluded that I had more control over my employment situation than previously thought; please see post entitled, Plug Away.  To verify my conclusion, I conducted field research the past two weeks. My findings were mixed. 

Going door to door during the day 99% of those with whom I spoke were not seeking employment (either they were retired or held positions with hours not during the standard business day); however, when I went to a job fair for finance and IT professionals, over 80% of those in attendance were 35 and older with more than half those 50 and above.  Based on this limited research, I conclude that it is still a tough employment market, especially for those that are older for a myriad of reasons for which I am still uncertain.

Separately, when I went door to door, I conducted additional research pertaining to healthcare, retirement savings and peoples’ perception of America.  I will share those findings next week. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment